Phone: 6132306424 x 239
Alain Rabeau is a Principal with the Intersol Group, a firm he joined in 1991.
Alain supports clients with his expertise in four interrelated areas:
- Change management and organizational development
- Strategy development and operational planning
- Workplace learning
- Stakeholder consultation and engagement
Some examples of recent work include:
- Working with the National Architecture Accrediting Board, the American Institute of Architects, and the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, Alain led a process that revised the procedures and conditions of accreditation for US schools of architecture, reducing the time required by more than three years.
- Providing strategic change management advice and support to the Pest Management Regulatory Agency in the transformation of pesticide evaluation.
- Supporting Elections Canada’s Chief Financial and Planning Officer and his team in the development of the 2020-2028 Strategic Plan.
- Leading a team at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (now Global Affairs Canada) in the preparation of a comprehensive training and development plan to support the Procurement Modernization Initiative.
- Delivering numerous training and development workshops to public- and private-sector organizations. For over ten years, he delivered professional development workshops at the Canada School of Public Service, including the EX Orientation; Canada in The World: An Exploration of Canadian Foreign Policy in the World; The Public Service Management Primer; and The Orientation to the Canadian Public Service, among others.
- Designing, facilitating and reporting on stakeholder consultations regarding policy and regulatory development for government agencies such as the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Pest Management Regulatory Agency, Health Canada, and Environment and Climate Change Canada.
Alain holds a master’s degree in public administration from l’École nationale d’administration publique; a bachelor of commerce degree from the University of Ottawa, and a certificate in strategic foresight from the University of Houston. He is a certified change management practitioner and a Certified Professional Facilitator. Prior to joining the Intersol Group, Alain was the director of corporate training for the City of Ottawa, and prior to that served as a manager of several recreation facilities in the municipality.