About the Course
We spend almost every minute of every day negotiating with others. Being a good negotiator allows us to build, maintain, and improve important relationships and create mutually beneficial solutions to tough problems.
The Negotiation Skills workshop will expand participants’ ability as an effective negotiator through the practice of important negotiation tactics and skills. Being a good negotiator enables us to get what we want more often. Knowing how to negotiate lessens the odds that others will take advantage of us and makes dealing with others a more enjoyable and productive process.
Course duration: 1 day
For who: Individuals at any level of their careers.
This course is delivered using Internet-Based Video Conferencing, specifically Zoom Meetings and also uses web-based collaboration tools that can greatly enhance productivity in an online medium.
This is designed as a “hands-on” training that takes participants through a process of review, explanation, discussion, practical and relevant exercises, and scenario-based activities – the “how to” elements of negotiation.
Specific Learning Objectives
This course will help participants:
- Gain an understanding of and discover how to exchange offers and proposals that result in mutually successful negotiations;
- Describe the common stages in the process of negotiation and how they can be applied to everyday encounters;
- Explain the difference between interests and positions in the negotiation process;
- Identify your negotiation style;
- Define the different types of negotiation;
- Demonstrate key behaviours conducive to successful negotiations;
- Prepare for and work through a negotiation cycle.
Madalena Coutinho is a Senior Leadership Consultant, Certified Facilitator, and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Leadership Development and Interpersonal Core Skills Practice with a focus on five key leadership competencies: change management, leadership and teamwork, corporate culture, growth & innovation, and merger integration. Madalena is also a VitalSmarts Crucial Conversations Certified Trainer.
With more than 30 years as a learning and development professional and professional facilitator, she successfully coaches individuals and teams to achieve extraordinary results in their personal and professional lives and has received various forms of formal recognition as an innovative and inspiring leader.
To find out more, please contact email@example.com
19 in stock