4 Stages of Psychological Safety
About the Course
Every organization has a culture. Every team has a culture. That culture falls on a spectrum that ranges from healthy and productive to unhealthy and damaging. When leaders and teams learn to measure and operationalize psychological safety principles, they experience exponential improvements in team performance, innovation, and inclusion. Join us in exploring how you can implement psychologically safe practices in your workplace and with your team.
Psychological safety is the foundation of team performance and is defined as a sense of belonging to a team with the opportunity to interact with its members and contribute to its purpose without fear of being punished or feeling rejected.
Course duration: 2 hours
For who: Leaders and managers seeking to build a culture of intellectual bravery. Employees and teams seeking better, more fluid collaboration.
Before exploring a behavioural guide to identify what are the areas that need work and focus to create an environment where everybody thrives, the workshop will guide you through the 4 stages of psychological safety by taking a survey to answer the following questions,
- Inclusion Safety: How do you make others feel included?
- Learn Safety: How do you make others feel safe & motivated to learn?
- Contributor Safety: How do you make others feel safe enough to contribute?
- Challenger Safety: How do you make others feel safe enough to innovate?
Specific Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Examine the factors that impact the well-being of employees in the workplace
- Assess your organization’s psychological safety
- Identify and remove personal and organizational factors that trigger the self-censoring instinct and shut down learning and performance
- Transform the team’s capacity to execute and innovate based on inclusion, learning agility, and high psychological safety
Madalena Coutinho is a Senior Leadership Consultant, Certified Facilitator, and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Leadership Development and Interpersonal Core Skills Practice with a focus on five key leadership competencies: change management, leadership and teamwork, corporate culture, growth & innovation, and merger integration. With more than 30 years as a learning and development professional and professional facilitator, she successfully coaches individuals and teams to achieve extraordinary results in their personal and professional lives and has received various forms of formal recognition as an innovative and inspiring leader.
To find out more, please contact email@example.com