About the Course
We spend almost every minute of every day negotiating with others. Being a good negotiator allows us to build, maintain, and improve important relationships and create mutually beneficial solutions to tough problems.
The Negotiation Skills workshop will expand participants’ ability as an effective negotiator through the practice of important negotiation tactics and skills. Being a good negotiator enables us to get what we want more often. Knowing how to negotiate lessens the odds that others will take advantage of us and makes dealing with others a more enjoyable and productive process.
Course duration: 1 day
For who: Anyone desiring to acquire or improve negotiation skills.
This is designed as a “hands-on” training that takes participants through a process of review, explanation, discussion, practical and relevant exercises, and scenario-based activities – the “how to” elements of negotiation.
Specific Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of and discover how to exchange offers and proposals that result in mutually successful negotiations
- Describe the common stages in the process of negotiation and how they can be applied to everyday encounters
- Explain the difference between interests and positions in the negotiation process
- Identify your negotiation style
- Define the different types of negotiation
- Demonstrate key behaviours conducive to successful negotiations
- Prepare for and work through a negotiation cycle
This course is offered in French and English.
To find out more, please contact email@example.com