About the Course
Becoming an Effective Online Facilitator draws from the classroom-based Foundation course in Group Facilitation that the Intersol Group has successfully delivered since 1991. The course has been revised and updated to better serve facilitators who must now adapt themselves to the reality of the online world. For the last twelve years, Intersol Group facilitators have been facilitating virtually, in-person and in blended formats and we trust that this body of experience will benefit course participants.
Becoming an Effective Online Facilitator presented in a three consecutive day format delivered using Internet-Based Video Conferencing, specifically Zoom Meetings and also uses web-based collaboration tools that can greatly enhance productivity in an online medium. This course is designed to provide participants with theoretical knowledge regarding group facilitation, a wide array of facilitation techniques along with specific group processes that allow for effective analysis of issues, problems and decisions and the formulation of action plans.
Overall Course Objective
To provide course participants with the confidence and ability to use a selection of proven facilitation processes and techniques in both a virtual and in-person setting. The application of these techniques and processes will allow the facilitator to fully leverage peoples’ engagement and creativity, and to help you to manage and lead more effective and efficient events and meetings.
Specific Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Describe the role of the facilitator and the value that facilitation brings to group work
- Create an atmosphere that’s conducive to productive group work
- Apply basic techniques of group dynamics and inclusive participation in an in-person and virtual setting
- Facilitate five foundational group processes that improve group productivity, creativity and participation
- Deal effectively with dysfunctional participant behaviour and participation problems
To find out more, please contact email@example.com