About the Course
The proposed Difficult Conversations Workshop will provide participants with practical and effective techniques to conduct and manage difficult conversations. The training course materials are intended to support participants in improving their interpersonal communication skills, attitude, and knowledge in communicating difficult messages. It will help them to identify the best method of relaying information that takes into account the message and the individuals involved and enable them to improve their communication skills through practical application.
Course duration: 1 day
For who: Employees at all organizational levels.
This workshop is delivered using Internet-Based Video Conferencing, specifically Zoom Meetings and also uses web-based collaboration tools that can greatly enhance productivity in an online medium.
This powerful facilitator-led experiential workshop is intended to provide participants with pragmatic, relevant, and experiential training and toolkit, to manage difficult conversations. The key aim is to ensure participants have the confidence, knowledge and skills to effectively communicate difficult messages.
Specific Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Interpret the principles of difficult conversations
- Describe the communication process and why certain communications succeed while others falter
- Develop their awareness of the signs and signals of nonverbal communication and their impact on effective communication
- Use persuasion and influence rather than defensive and/or abrasive language
- Use active listening skills
- Prepare and conduct a difficult conversation; prepare to receive difficult messages
- Identify the factors that are conducive to the development of “safe places” to conduct open and honest dialogue in conflict and post-conflict contexts
- Define interpersonal conflict – causes and effects
- Resolve conflict and create win-win outcomes by using the Listen to Learn Framework and an Interest Based Process
- Apply the three key dimensions of giving and receiving successful feedback
- Defuse tense situations and deal with angry people
To find out more, please contact email@example.com