Position: Training Coordinator +
About the Intersol Group Ltd:
At Intersol, we exist to provide our clients with expert leadership and knowledge transfer in the delivery of professional facilitation skills and services.
Our mission is to enhance collaboration and engagement among people with diverse perspectives in order to make more informed decisions, develop more robust strategies and solve complex challenges.
By joining the Intersol Group, you’ll support some of the most senior experts in professional facilitation while managing operations of the office environment. Our team of consultants deliver facilitation services and training workshops that are meaningful, stimulating, high-profile and sometimes even controversial. As a result, they need a strong individual with a knack for organization and producing a more efficient operating environment.
We are seeking a Training Coordinator/Office Support to collaborate with and provide support to our training program and consulting team. This is a newly created position for a long-standing company looking for a “get stuff done” person. The successful candidate will help coordinate all training and office activities in our primary office in Ottawa to ensure it operates smoothly and efficiently. We are looking for an individual who will take pride in supporting a growing regional training program and responding to the needs of our clients by providing friendly and professional customer service.
This role requires someone with:
- A track record of customer service excellence;
- The ability to work well with others to ensure the success of the organization as a whole;
- Demonstrated ability to keep an office and its physical environment running smoothly.
- A sense of initiative, good judgment, and the capacity to apply and at times develop company practices and policies.
- Self-starter and autonomous worker, who also enjoys being part of a small team.
We would like to hire a dynamic entry-level graduate or young professional to apply for this 6-month contract, intended for a full-time opportunity for the right individual. At Intersol, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one. The role is broad, and there would be the opportunity and possibility to mold the role around your personal strengths. We also offer flexible working arrangements such as telework.
The candidate will bring…
The ideal candidate will be proactive, have stellar organization abilities and is a great problem solver who can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Are you flexible, driven, and independent?
- Do you have a can-do attitude, and go the extra mile for your team and colleagues?
- Can you balance, and deliver on, multiple conflicting priorities?
- Are you highly reliable?
- Are you resourceful and calm under pressure?
- Do you enjoy keeping people and places organized?
- Do you have experience supporting a diverse team and planning events?
If this is you, your responsibilities would include 3 of the following core duties:
- Training Coordination
- Office and Administrative Support
- Client Relationship Management
Training Coordination Function
- Responsible for scheduling and posting the public workshops calendar
- Liaise with trainers, book boardrooms, post workshops on website
- Confirm participant registrations
- Maintain participant registration lists
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating all required logistics for training workshops.
- Room set up
- Answer participant inquiries on workshop location, dietary restrictions, parking, travel, etc…
- Order and organize catering details
- Provide hospitality to arriving participants
- Coordinate printing requests for workshop manuals
- Prepare training supplies in advance of workshop (activities, workbooks, tools, flipcharts)
- Liaise with trainers and respond to workshop needs
- Collect workshop evaluations, input in database
- Collect participant feedback and communication preferences
- Track workshop expenses (printing, catering, trainer fees etc…)
Office and Administrative Support Functions
- Collaborate to create and improve administrative processes
- Track and order office supplies — continuous inventory, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies
- Organize and maintain project database (Maintain project files — proposals, correspondence)
- Arrange for courier service as needed
- Monitor adherence to established quality assurance and other company-related policies or risk protocols
- Manages website changes and updates
- Assist with scheduling of meetings, interviews, webinars, and conferences
- Prepare client materials and presentations
- Conduct research to inform client projects or company requirements, as needed
- Coordinate consultant travel arrangements, reservations, bookings
- Support planning for company events and activities such as internal meetings, retreats, training
Client Relationship Management Functions
- Answer and triage telephone and e-mail inquiries appropriately
- Liaise with current and prospective clients in the development of both public, contract and on-site courses
- Be the primary point of contact for all client inquiries
- Manage client relationships and provide timely responses
- Provide quality customer experience from start to finish
- Social media experience
- Experience in a training environment
- Customer Service Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, which could include a college internship or work-study program
- Previous Government of Canada experience
- A post-secondary diploma or degree.
- Fully bilingual in English and French, both oral and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including WORD, EXCEL, and PPT
- Experience with QuickBooks, but open to a fast learner willing to self-teach on the software
At Intersol, we value diversity. Applicants will undergo equal evaluation regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hourly rate to be negotiated depending on experience within a $25-35/hour range.
Anticipated start date: as soon as possible.