Workshops and Training
How to be Clear and Compelling with Data (10176)
How do you make sure your data and your story are communicated clearly and with impact?
This data visualization and presentation workshop engages you and your staff for a full day. You will learn the principles behind focused messaging and high-quality data presentation as taught by the leaders in the field. You will then move on to a hands-on application of these principles as we build, and rebuild, some of the classic data graphics and tackle some of the newer forms, like bullet charts and heat maps. We will learn to incorporate the new charts in succinct and engaging digital reports, infographics and dashboards, and finish with a look at options for interactive digital data presentation. The hands-on exercises will be done using Microsoft Excel. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop.
Who Should Attend
- Those who want to be able to put numbers into professional looking tables, graphs, reports, presentations or websites.
- Policy analysts, program evaluators, performance managers and communication professionals in government, and performance reporters for non-profit/charitable organisations.
- Those would like to report on performance and results for businesses.
- Make the most of your data
- Present data in compelling and informative ways
- Create shorter, more professional looking reports for more impact
- Handle the increasing demand for evidence
- Improve evidence-based decision-making and reporting
Facilitators / Presenters
- 300-205 Catherine Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 1C3, Canada
Out of stock