Workshops and Training
How to be Clear and Compelling with Data: Designing Effective Charts, Displays and Reports (10632)
How do you make sure your data and your story are communicated clearly and with impact?
This data visualization and presentation workshop engages you for a full day. You will learn the principles behind high-quality data presentation and reporting taught by the leaders in the ﬁeld. We will move on to hands-on application of these principles as we build, and rebuild, some of the classic data graphics and tackle some of the newer forms, like heat maps, slope charts and dot plots. Examples and exercises will be performed using MS Excel, but the principles apply to any platform. We will then learn about and practice designing succinct and engaging visual analyses, dashboard/displays, placemats, infographics and digital reports, emphasizing the choice of the right “tool”, developing narrative and maximizing clarity. Finally, we will ﬁnish with a look at options for more dedicated tools and interactive digital data presentation that can take you as far as you want to go in the fascinating world of data visualization.
This course is offered by Intersol, Ottawa and is taught by John Burrett, CE
As a participant, you will receive a complementary copy of John’s new book on data visualization (also available on Amazon Kindle). The book contains all of the material presented and discussed during course and so is a great set of notes and examples for participants.
Who Should Attend
- Those who want to be able to put numbers into professional looking tables, graphs, reports, presentations or websites.
- Policy analysts, program evaluators, performance managers and communication professionals in government, and performance reporters for non-profit/charitable organisations.
- Those would like to report on performance and results for businesses.
- Make the most of your data
- Present data in compelling and informative ways
- Create shorter, more professional looking reports for more impact
- Handle the increasing demand for evidence
- Improve evidence-based decision-making and reporting
For all inquiries, please contact Patrick Valois at email@example.com.
Facilitators / Presenters
- 300-205 Catherine Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 1C3, Canada
*convenience fee of 3.5% applies
Advanced Course in Group Facilitation – 3 days (10592)
Key Results (Program Logic Models, DRFs) for Performance Measurement and Evaluation – (10629)
Performance Indicators for Performance Measurement and Evaluation – (10630)
Facilitation Skills for Performance Measurement and Evaluation (10631)
How to be Clear and Compelling with Data (10632)