About the Course
This workshop shows how to successfully implement and use a performance measurement strategy, grounded in high-quality performance indicators, to facilitate performance reporting and optimize ongoing learning. All too often, the focus is on developing a performance strategy yet we know that challenges often arise in its execution, when we try and collect, analyse, report on, and learn from our performance information and apply it to managing performance The workshop will further your understanding of successful performance measurement strategy development and its execution.
Course duration: 1 day
For who: those working in evaluation, performance measurement and program management in the government or not-for-profit sectors who want to better understand the core concepts and best practices of performance measurement strategy and execution.
This workshop can be taken as a stand-alone or as part of Intersol’s Logic Models and Key Results for PM and Evaluation Training Series which also includes:
- October 21: Defining Program Logic and Intended Results; Logic Models and Theories of Change
- October 22: Performance Indicators for Performance Measurement and Evaluation
This workshop can be applied as a professional development credit for Credentialed Evaluators.
This course is delivered using Internet-Based Video Conferencing, specifically Zoom Meetings, as well as other web-based collaboration tools that can greatly enhance learning, sharing and working collaboratively in an online medium.
Using a case study approach and interactive exercises and discussions, participants will have opportunities to: to apply what they have learned to by developing and assessing performance measurement strategies; , share their own experiences; and develop successful approaches.
In addition, special topics of interest to the participants will be covered, such as setting targets and developing your performance strategy virtually.
Specific Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the key components and activities of a performance measurement system
- Identify the key steps and strategies for successfully developing a performance measurement strategy
- Identify the key steps and strategies for successfully implementing the strategy and using performance information, and
- Know emerging best practices and lessons learned, and where to find additional resources.
The workshop will be co-led by Credentialed Evaluators Jennifer Birch-Jones and Dr. Natalie Kishchuk, both of whom have extensive experience in performance measurement and evaluation in the government and not-for-profit sectors, as well as expertise in adult learning.
To find out more, please contact email@example.com
14 in stock