Lean has become a commonly used methodology within the discipline of business process management. Lean expert, Paul Youldon will introduce you to “Lean for IT” which applies Lean methods to typical IT areas such as service management, software development project management and IT planning and governance. During this session Paul will discuss the following:
- A structured interactive discovery discussion about business value;
- A review of Lean, its history, success stories, and core elements;
- The Project Manager’s and Business Analyst’s role in organizations and IT-related projects and services;
- How the Project Manager or Business Analyst can play a key role in the Lean domain;
- How Lean “Thinking” can influence the traditional work of a project manager or business analyst;
- Questions and open forum for debate and discussion.
- Gain an appreciation of Lean Principles and Lean Thinking;
- Learn how Lean Thinking impacts the work of project managers or business analysts; and
- How Lean’s customer service orientation is benefiting health care, government and IT services.
1:00 pm – Registration & Networking
1:15 pm – Presentation – Lean Implications
2:45 pm – New Lean Management Certificate Program
2:50 pm – Q&A
3:00 pm – Session Wrap up
Speaker: Paul Youldon
Paul Youldon has worked in Information Technology (IT) for over 20 years, primarily in the Federal Government, leading software development projects, managing IT service desks, and as an IT enterprise architect guiding business and IT teams to create IT solutions that produce business value. As an IT enterprise architect at the Canadian International Development Agency, Paul designed and led a series of facilitated workshops to fast track the IT project life cycle by engaging system users and IT designers. Paul’s focus with The Intersol Group is to build the “Lean for IT” domain which means applying Lean methods to typical IT areas such as service management, software development project management and IT planning and governance.
- Cost: There is no charge to attend this learning event
- Contact: Tyson Cook or Mark Luckett
- More Info: Call (613) 727-7729 or email email@example.com
- RSVP: RSVP by no later than February 4, 2016
- Algonquin College Corporate Training
- Constitution Square
360 Albert St., Suite 201 (Mezzanine Level)